Class of 2023 Application
|PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY|
The mission of the Leadership Collier Foundation (LCF), a 501(c) 3 of the Greater Naples Chamber is to activate the potential of leaders to build a stronger Collier County. The Foundation accomplishes this through the program it governs:
- Leadership Collier
- Associate Leadership Collier
- Youth Leadership Collier
Through the work of the LCF Alumni Association, graduates continue to build alliances, foster goodwill and civic trusteeship that will strengthen Collier County through nonprofit organizations, local government boards and our schools while enhancing relations with other like-minded, influential community leaders.
Youth Leadership Collier (YLC) is a student leadership development program for Collier County high school juniors who are preparing to enter their senior year. Through an intensive and rewarding seven-day summer program (June 3-9, 2023), YLC focuses on personal growth, team building, ethical leadership and community stewardship.
The class members visit Collier County businesses and government agencies to learn about their varied business models and company cultures. They tour facilities, hear from leaders who represent those entities and learn why those businesses believe strongly in community involvement.
The Youth Leadership Collier experience addresses:
- Community stewardship.
- Ethical leadership.
- The value of working as a team.
- Area business models and cultures.
- Future career opportunities in Collier County.
- Students will receive 50 hours of community service for participation in program.
- Be a member of the 2022-23 junior class of a Collier County school (includes public, private, alternative and home-schools).
- Demonstrate leadership in your school and/or the community.
- Have an interest in furthering your knowledge about Collier County and community leadership.
- Commit to 100% PARTICIPATION in the YLC program week.
Brief telephone interviews will be conducted (from February through March) with all applicants by members of the selection team to verify information on the application. Please return phone calls from interviewers within 48 hours. If a student does not get called by an interviewer by March 15th, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the Leadership Collier Foundation to let us know that you have not been interviewed. Email: Vice President of Leadership Programs, Amanda Pearson, at: email@example.com.
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES IF ACCEPTED
· Students are responsible for transportation to and from the program day site. Transportation during the program day will be provided by YLC. Students are not permitted to use their own transportation during the program day.
· If a student is unable to provide transportation to the program each day, please notify Amanda Pearson with the Leadership Collier Foundation immediately.
· Program times vary per program day, but students must be available for full days some evenings.
· If accepted, students must confirm they are able to participate FULLY within 1 week of being notified of acceptance.
· Full payment of tuition is due on Friday May 10, 2022.
· If payment is not submitted by May 10, the student’s spot will be replaced with another student from the waiting list.
· Should you require tuition assistance, a request form will be sent to those who checked “yes” for tuition assistance on application AFTER being accepted.
- A standard consent form and medical release form must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian upon acceptance in the program.
- An information packet will be sent to all applicants that are selected to participate in the program. The packet includes a parent/guardian consent form, medical release, and other information you will need to make your participation in the program successful and enjoyable.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Youth Leadership Collier selection committee, which does not include Chamber or LCF staff.
- All applicants will be notified in writing by April 5, 2023.
- Program runs June 3-9, 2023 for accepted applicants.