Leadership Collier is a transformational community leadership experience for both participants and the organizations they lead. Through hands-on experiences and exclusive behind-the-scenes sessions, participants fully explore local government, education, economic development, the arts, and more. Class members will also hear from experienced area leaders who deal with our community’s biggest opportunities and challenges. With the benefit of new perspectives and connections, participants are prepared to take their places as effective community leaders for a better future.
- Broader and deeper perspective on Collier County and your role in the community.
- Discover issues you are passionate about, and areas to become more involved by experiencing them firsthand.
- Build a strong local network, deepening individual connections to the community and making friendships for a lifetime!
- Exclusive experiences that take you behind-the-scenes of Collier County businesses and governmental institutions.
- Public recognition as a community leader armed with credentials as someone with demonstrated ability to take on leadership challenges and serve on civic boards and committees.
- Stronger, more aware leaders, regardless of the size of your organization.
- Valuable business connections with the Collier County’s top corporations.
- Leadership Collier participants meet fellow community leaders, establish connections and expand their circle of influence.
- Your company leaders establish relationships that will provide new opportunities to serve the community and deal firsthand with local issues.
Full-day opening retreat followed by 10 programs days, September through March.
Who Should Apply
Leadership Collier is designed for experienced leaders who want to significantly increase their impact on their organization and their community. The ideal Leadership Collier applicant is one who lives and/or works in Collier County; has exhibited leadership within the community and/or within their company; and has a vision and commitment to continue their engagement in building a stronger Collier County.
Application and Selection Process
- Applications for Leadership Collier open from mid-January through April of each year.
- The online application is scored by the applicants responses to the essay questions as well as their education, career, and community service.
- The selection committee, comprised of Leadership Collier Foundation Alumni, strives to create a diverse class of approximately 42 individuals. If multiple professionals apply from the same organization, no more than one will be accepted into the same class at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Applicants that are not accepted are strongly encouraged to re-apply for a future program. Letters of recommendation and/or nominations of applicants are not required nor considered during selection process, as all selections are based solely on the application.
If selected, program tuition is $2,300 which is due upon acceptance to the program. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance may be available for those who cannot participate in the program due to the program fee. Please contact Amanda Pearson at email@example.com or call (239) 403-2903 to learn more.
Leadership Collier Class of 2023 SCHEDULE
Thursday, September 21 -Leadership Collier Kick-Off Reception (Mandatory: 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
Friday, September 22 – Opening Retreat (Mandatory: All day and evening session)
Saturday, September 23 – Human Services
Thursday, October 5 – Education
Thursday, October 19 – Arts
Thursday, November 2 – Healthcare
Thursday, November 16 – Commerce
Wednesday, November 22 – Farm City BBQ
Note: This is not part of the Leadership Collier program nor is this event included in your tuition. Your attendance, along with a guest, is encouraged.
Thursday, December 6 – Everglades City
TBD, Thursday in December – Leadership Collier Foundation Alumni Association Holiday Party
(5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
Note: This is not part of the Leadership Collier program nor is this event included in your tuition. Your attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.
Thursday, January 11 – Government
Thursday, January 25 – Growth Management
Thursday, February 8 – Agriculture
Thursday, February 22 – Environment
Thursday, March 7 – Law Enforcement
Thursday, March 21 – Ending Critique
TBD, Thursday in April – Class Graduation
Note: Graduates of Leadership Collier Class of 2023 agree to serve as session leaders for one of the following year’s Leadership Collier Class sessions (Class of 2025). Although the final dates of each of these sessions are yet to be determined, the above schedule can serve as a guide for approximate timeframes.
Apply below before April 1!